[isf-wifidog] authpuppy database

Markus Gschwendt markus at runout.at
Mer 23 Fév 08:30:46 EST 2011

hi, thanks for yor fast reply

On Wed, 2011-02-23 at 11:47 +0000, Robin Jones wrote:
> > * we need a additional layer for 'nodes'/'devices'
>   at the moment 'node'='device' and there are only 'devices' in the db
>   we want to have several 'devices' per 'node'
>
> I call this concept a "Venue" and I think of this as Network =>
> Venue(s) => Node(s) (although we are currently debating the use of the
> word "node")

ok. i just took the terms from the funkfeuer network.
maybe a venue could have several nodes ;)

@funkfeuer we use following:
a device is a real hardware device
a node is a setup of several devices
a location (=venue?) can have several nodes
a owner/maintainer can be responsible
  for several locations/nodes/devices
a network has several devices

the actual 'nodes' table has information about 'nodes' _and_ 'devices'
that's why i want to leave the 'nodes' information there and make a 1:n
relation to a new 'device' table and migrate the 'device' related data.

markus