[isf-wifidog] authpuppy database

Markus Gschwendt markus at runout.at
Mer 23 Fév 05:52:46 EST 2011

hi,
we, a team based in vienna/austria (related to funkfeuer)
wants to to extend authpuppy.
i have some questions and will explain what we have in mind for the near
future. please let me know what you think about it and how we can join
the development team:

* is this the mailinglist to diskuss authpuppy?

* we need a additional layer for 'nodes'/'devices'
  at the moment 'node'='device' and there are only 'devices' in the db
  we want to have several 'devices' per 'node'
  todo:
  * add new 'devices' table
  * migration of data from the old 'nodes' table to 'device' table
  * naming conventions

* device configs in the database (for a dashboard)
  and functionality to send/retrieve configs to the 'device'
  so we only need one generic firmware image per hardwaretype

* templates for device configs

* grouping of nodes for owner, maintainer,...

* converting db to utf8 charset

* communication with other developers?

i do db development with mysql workbench and can easily provide an eer
diagram.

markus