[isf-wifidog] Login issues

Genevieve Bastien gbastien at versatic.net
Mar 6 Juil 17:13:46 EDT 2010

Hi Peter,

You will not be authenticated to the router if you enter the IP
manually, unless you know the full request the router usually sends to
the auth server.  There is a protocol to respect that starts with the
first request and once logged in, it redirects to the router who checks
if the connection token is valid and then redirects the browser to the
portal page.  So entering the IP will simply log you to the php
application that is the auth server, but not to the router itself.

That said, the problems you describe are really weird.  The router has
no notion of locale or time, so it shouldn't impact its hability to
redirect... Try running wifidog on the router with wifidog -f -d 7 and
see if the request is captured, that may tell you more information as well.

What do you mean by 'No automatic portal displayed'.  Like if you enter
www.google.com, you reach www.google.com?  Or the white page of death?
Have you checked apache logs for any information?

Geneviève