[isf-wifidog] Login issues

Peter Peter at Peter.KN
Mer 7 Juil 13:30:56 EDT 2010

Genevieve Bastien wrote:
> You will not be authenticated to the router if you enter the IP
> manually, unless you know the full request the router usually sends to

Aah yes. That woudl make sense.

> That said, the problems you describe are really weird.  The router has
> no notion of locale or time, so it shouldn't impact its hability to
> redirect... Try running wifidog on the router with wifidog -f -d 7 and
> see if the request is captured, that may tell you more information as well.

I'm not sure if its related. I just know that the PCs we have trouble
with typically are foreign language PCs. The last one was English but
from Australia and still using his timezone. Im just looking for
differences that might explain it.

> What do you mean by 'No automatic portal displayed'.  Like if you enter
> www.google.com, you reach www.google.com?  Or the white page of death?
> Have you checked apache logs for any information?

I dont remember.. it was a network error page IIRC.. but the machines
did get an IP from the WAP etc...

Since I have to wait for another problem PC to come in for me to test
and they dont always let me test very much, are there some logs I can check?