[isf-wifidog] User not logged off

Chris Rowson christopherrowson at gmail.com
Ven 3 Fév 17:33:02 EST 2006

Greetings Everyone,

I'm a little concerned as I'm about ready to put my wifidog captive
portal into production and I've hit a bump in the road.

For some reason wifidog does not always appear to log users off once
they have left the wireless network. This is the case when the a user
perhaps forgets to click on the log off button.

In other cases a user will simply power down the laptop and walk away
from the access point which results in wifidog automatically ending
their session.

I noticed this when one of our test accounts seemed to have been
logged on for three days. When I checked, wifidog had simply not
closed the session when the test user had finished his session and
walked away.

Anyone else had any experience of this ? - Suggestions would be
greatly appreciated !

Chris