[isf-wifidog] User not logged off

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Ven 3 Fév 18:26:32 EST 2006

On February 3, 2006 05:33 pm, Chris Rowson wrote:
> Greetings Everyone,
>
> I'm a little concerned as I'm about ready to put my wifidog captive
> portal into production and I've hit a bump in the road.
>
> For some reason wifidog does not always appear to log users off once
> they have left the wireless network. This is the case when the a user
> perhaps forgets to click on the log off button.
>
> In other cases a user will simply power down the laptop and walk away
> from the access point which results in wifidog automatically ending
> their session.

That's what it's supposed to do, wifidog will not end a session as long as
there is network activity, including DHCP requests.

If he wants to close his session, he must click log off.  There is however a
problem where PHP may lose the session, so the user won't have a log off
button.  This is why we want to move session handling to the database.

--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/