[isf-wifidog] Redirect

Dan Holton DHolton at creditunions.com
Mar 27 Sep 08:30:06 EDT 2005

I have WiFiDog running on a WRT54G, and my auth server (running on
debian) plugged into port 1 on the linksys.
I can ping the auth server (192.168.1.139) from the router without a
problem.  There weren't any errors on the setup of the auth server
or on the gateway when I ran wifidog -f -d 7.
When wireless clients connect to the wireless router and try to go to
the internet, they are forwarded directly to their page.
Any idea why the router wouldn't stop clients and force them to the auth
server???

I'm trying to find a way of attaching the output of the wifidog -f -d 7
command to an email (since it's on the linksys, I don't have a lot of
options available to me like FTP, email client, or even just copying the
output to disk).

I saved the output to a file, and ran grep for "auth", and I don't see
any errors.  Some of the lines read:

A lot of firewall stuff (adding rule, etc.)
(date/time)  (centralserver.c:304) Level 1: Connecting to auth server
192.168.1.139:80
(date/time) (centralserver.c:330) Level 1: Successfully connected to
auth server 192.168.1.139:80
more firewall stuff
Unlocking Config
Config unlocked
Connected to auth server
AUTH_ONLINE status became ON
HTTP Request to Server: [GET /ping/?gw_id=FarragutWiFi------<--more
stuff, all of it looks correct]

reading response
Read 287 bytes, total now 287 bytes
HTTP Response from Server: [HTTP/1.1 200 OK date/time/ Server:
Apache/2.0.54 (Debian GNU/Linux) mod_python/3.1.3 Python/2.3.5
PHP/5.0.5-1 mod_perl/2.0.1 Perl/v5.8.7
Pong]
[7] [date/time] (ping_thread.c:226) Auth Servert Says: Pong
running fw_counter()
Locking client list
Client list locked
Unlocking client list
Clint list unlocked
Running ping()
Entering ping()
Locking config
Config locked
Level 1: Calculated 1 auth servers in list
Level 1: Resolving auth server [192.168.1.139]

more, much more, but most of it is a repeat of this, or a firewall rule
being configured.

Any ideas why clients aren't being re-directed?

Thanks for any help,

Dan Holton
IT Administrator
Callahan & Associates, Inc.
www.CreditUnions.com <BLOCKED::http://www.creditunions.com/>  |
www.Callahan.com <BLOCKED::http://www.callahan.com/>
Cooperative Knowledge for the Credit Union Community