[isf-wifidog] installing auth server

Jamie Ray jamieray at knet.ca
Dim 27 Mar 14:16:47 EST 2005

I am just at the beginning stages of building my auth-server.I am quite
new to Linux, I know how to get around directories, and install stuff
somewhat...but there seems to be some obvious things I think I'm missing.

I have my wifidog installation on my wrt (2.2)
Next I need to install my auth server...but I'm wondering what OS to build
this on?
I have a working Suse Linux webserver already with Apache2 running on it,
and am just now figuring out how to put php onto it. Is this a suitable OS
to install the auth server onto?

Also, I am having a tough time figuring out how to edit the wifidog.conf
file correctly. Is there a preconfigued one out there I can compare with
and use as a model? This is quite a challenge as I don't know anyone close
by to go to for help with this stuff, (mainly the linux workings) I have
read through all of the documentation on the Wifidog website and OpenWRT,
which has helped alot. But there are some basic things I think  I am not
understanding.

thanks for any pointers.
/jamie