[isf-wifidog] Captive portal with no users only an access code that gets changed weekly

Geneviève Bastien gbastien at versatic.net
Mer 2 Fév 08:26:27 EST 2011

> Can Wifidog be used to display a splash page that requires a network guest
> to enter a code to gain access?

It is not [yet] supported as is:  but you could create a user 'guest' and
change its password weekly and require people to enter guest/password as
credentials.

I think some people tweaked the code and changed the username or password
field to hidden with a default value.

On the other hand, it could be a fairly easy to program plugin in AuthPuppy.

Redirecting to your business site is easy.  With wifidog, there's a
setting to allow portal page redirection and the field will appear in your
node configuration page.  In AuthPuppy, you have to install and enable the
apExternalCMSPlugin and the field will appear in you node configuration
page.

> So far I have set up two auth servers for testing.  One with wifidog and
> one with auth puppy.  Neither of these server seem to be recognizing my
> DD-WRT router running the wifidog gateway.  What settings are important on
> the DD-WRT wifidog gateway to get it communicating properly with the
> wifidog or auth puppy  auth-server?

Is it your auth servers not recognizing your router or your gateway not
communicating with the auth server?  I'm not sure about how it goes with
DD-WRT, but did you edit the wifidog.conf file with the right server url?
What do you see when you try to connect?  Does it pass through or is there
a green page saying Uh ho! No auth server

Geneviève