[isf-wifidog] Captive portal with no users only an access code that gets changed weekly

Stephen Slowey Stephen at aci-sim.com
Mer 2 Fév 02:05:13 EST 2011

Can Wifidog be used to display a splash page that requires a network guest to enter a code to gain access?

Everyone will be given the same code and I will need to change the code weekly.
After the guest types in the access code, they will be redirected to my local business website.

I am currently using nocatsplash to redirect guests to my acceptance page.  My new requirement states that I need to have the guest enter an access code on my acceptance page.  After some research it looks like wifidog may be a suitable way for me to continue using my current DD-WRT routers.

So far I have set up two auth servers for testing.  One with wifidog and one with auth puppy.  Neither of these server seem to be recognizing my DD-WRT router running the wifidog gateway.  What settings are important on the DD-WRT wifidog gateway to get it communicating properly with the wifidog or auth puppy  auth-server?

-Stephen