[isf-wifidog] Wifidog on AirOs

Bruno Remy bruno.remy at videotron.ca
Dim 14 Nov 17:38:15 EST 2010

Richard Lussier a écrit :

>> Unfortunatly there is no "/openwrt/package" neither "/openwrt/dl"
>> directories (so...there is no tarballs collection avalaible) onto the
>> SDK of AirOS Firmware 3.5 (and later) supported products :
>>
>>  * PowerStation
>>  * LiteStation
>>  * NanoStation
>>  * MiniStation
>>  * WispStation
>>  * NanoStation Loco
>>  * PicoStation
>>  * Bullet (2,2HP,5)
>>  * AP1000
>>
>> So... What's the cue for AirOS 3.5x family products?
>
> I do not see much advantage of using the AirOS 3.5 family products
> anymore.
>
> 1- They cost about the same
> 2- They have slower processors
> 3- They do not offer "n" compatibility
> 4- Some features are not included : AirView spectrum analyser, iperf,
> etc..
> 5- Minimal development from Ubiquiti

Well .......we 'will see...

> But for those who already own some units, there are OpenWRT images
> available at
> http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/start#ubiquiti
>
> Some tests have been made in may 2009 with an image made by Philippe
> April for ISF.
>
> Also these units can be used as wifidog network extensions if used in
> bridge mode.

That's what we are doing now with the Bullet2/Bullet2HP we use, combined
with WRT54G router with Wifidog's client running on it. But we don'y
want this setting anymore!
First because this a two-harware solution for each hotspot (more risks
of maintenance, higher costs)
Second because the WRT54G are discontinued.

> Some tests could be also made using WDS modes from a wifidog AP.

Already done : good solution for a point-to-point wireless backbone or
relay. ;-)

Bruno