[isf-wifidog] Wifidog on AirOs

Richard Lussier richard.lussier at gmail.com
Dim 14 Nov 17:06:19 EST 2010

On 2010-11-14 15:25, Bruno Remy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On the official website of Wifidog, some documentation is now
> available about installing Wifidog client on Ubiquity devices.
> (See http://dev.wifidog.org/wiki/doc/install/airos)
>
> Unfortunatly, this Howto-guide is ONLY compatible with AirOS V (5.2
> and later) Firmware Supported products
>
>  * Bullet M
>  * Rocket M
>  * NanoStation M
>  * AirGrid M
>  * NanoBridge M
>  * PowerBridge M
>  * PicoStation M
>  * NanoStation Loco M
>  * AirRouter
>  * PowerAP N
>  * Rocket M365
>  * Rocket M900
>  * NanoStation M365
>  * NanoStation Loco M900
>
> Unfortunatly there is no "/openwrt/package" neither "/openwrt/dl"
> directories (so...there is no tarballs collection avalaible) onto the
> SDK of AirOS Firmware 3.5 (and later) supported products :
>
>  * PowerStation
>  * LiteStation
>  * NanoStation
>  * MiniStation
>  * WispStation
>  * NanoStation Loco
>  * PicoStation
>  * Bullet (2,2HP,5)
>  * AP1000
>
> So... What's the cue for AirOS 3.5x family products?
I do not see much advantage of using the AirOS 3.5 family products anymore.

1- They cost about the same
2- They have slower processors
3- They do not offer "n" compatibility
4- Some features are not included : AirView spectrum analyser, iperf, etc..
5- Minimal development from Ubiquiti

But for those who already own some units, there are OpenWRT images
available at
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/start#ubiquiti

Some tests have been made in may 2009 with an image made by Philippe
April for ISF.

Also these units can be used as wifidog network extensions if used in
bridge mode.
Some tests could be also made using WDS modes from a wifidog AP.

Richard