[isf-wifidog] Segmentation fault!!!

Jean-Philippe Menil jean-philippe.menil at univ-nantes.fr
Lun 1 Mar 14:53:56 EST 2010

Arya Mazaheri a écrit :
> Hi,
> is there anyone here who encountered the segmentation fault problem in
> wifidog gateway (running in debug mode)?
> I'm running the gateway (version: 20090925) on CentOS 5.4. Maximum
> number of users that may be
> online at the same time, doesn't reach more than 25 users. but sometimes
> gateway program stop working and I should start it manually.
> However that is not the only problem. when I start the gateway (after stop
> working), with "wifidog -f -d 7" command to run in debug mode, a huge
> list of
> connections going to close. but it fails to do that and finally it
> ends with
> "Segmentation fault" error.
>
> any comment will be appreciated...

Hi,

when you get a segmentation fault, it say that maybe, something is wrong
in the code.
To know where wifidog segfault, you must provide a core file of the
segmentation fault.
Before running "wifidog -f -d 7", type thes two commands as root:
ulimit -c unlimited
ulimit -n unlimited
I think the first one should do the trick.
When wifidog segfault, it will provide a core file.
Then, we can analyse the core with gdb.

Regards.