[isf-wifidog] Ticket #704 (new Feature Request) - Work Around
delphi9_1971 at yahoo.com
Jeu 3 Juin 13:42:54 EDT 2010
I came across the same issue that gbastien reported in Ticket 704. I too wanted to create junior "User Administrators" that only had the ability to manage WiFiDog users and view statistics but do nothing else. I found that this can be done, here's how:
1. Create a new "Network" user role (I called mine User_Administrators_NET)
2. Grant this role: NETWORK_PERM_VIEW_ONLINE_USERS, NETWORK_PERM_EDIT_ANY_USER and NETWORK_PERM_VIEW_STATISTICS permissions.
3. Create a new "Server" user role (I called mine User_Administrators_SRV)
4. DO NOT Grant this new role any permissions at all.
5. Go to your Network Configuration, add a new Stakeholder using the "User_Administrators_NET" Role and their username.
6. Go to your Server Configuration, add a new Stakeholder using the "User_Administrators_SRV" Role and their username.Since the Server role has no permissions the user can not make any server configuration changes, but can view the statistics. When you do this, and the user logs in all they will get is the User Administration Menu.
Once the roles are configured adding new "User Administrators" is as easy as creating their login account and then following steps 5 and 6 above.
I'm hoping this helps and could be included in the documentation for future administrators.
Dave Lamb, CCNA, Network+
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the WiFiDog