[isf-wifidog] Lot WiFiDog, Vol 55, Parution 12

Benoit Grégoire benoitg at coeus.ca
Mar 25 Aou 10:47:52 EDT 2009

On August 25, 2009, mackay wrote:
> Hi Benoit,
>
> I got it all working in the end and would like to share where I found
> problems for anyone else in the future :)
>
> Thinking about it I know where my problem started.
> As a new user I followed the tutorial from the Wiki:
> http://dev.wifidog.org/wiki/doc/admin/GettingStarted
>
> When I came to the Virtual Hosts section at the bottom, I followed the
> tutorial and created a new host. I did NOT edit/delete or touch the
> localhost. BUT what I did do was
> Make this new Virtual Host the server's default?: YES
>
> This I am guessing means the pre selected network was my new virtual host
> and thus my admin account was linked to the localhost Only. I could then
> not log as I had no way of selecting any network (there was no select box
> on the login page??). I am guessing this is because the used the
> NetworkFusion Theme pack.
>
> So I am think that both together, 1) NetworkFusion Theme pack and 2) the
> Make this new Virtual Host the server's default was the cause of my bug.

That is NOT normal.  In any case, I just tested, and using the NetworkFusion
Theme does display the network selector when you have more than one network.

For me, creating a new virtual host for localhost and making it default also
doesn't make the selector disappear.

 The only option that should make it disappear is  "Use the users of default
Virtual Host's network across all networks on the server." in the Server
configuration.

--
Benoit Grégoire