[isf-wifidog] Captive portal solution advice

mbneto mbneto at gmail.com
Ven 25 Jan 18:04:39 EST 2008

Hi,

I am looking for a captive portal solution with some specific features.  I
am not sure if wifidog has all of those features and the current state of
those (stable, experimental etc).  Please let me know (in private if you
feel this is off-topic) if there are other solutions, even commercial ones.

Features:
- 'Client' part installable in linux devices (ex. Linksys WRT54GL with
openWrt) and regular x86 linux (centos in my case).  The Client part is the
one that actually blocks/redirects traffic
- 'Server' part installable in regular x86 linux (centos in my case)
- Authentication using RADIUS (or other mechanism ex. web service)
- Be able to define bandwidth on the server that will be set after the user
logs on the client
- Be able to define custom iptables rules on the server that will be set
after the user logs on the client (for example creating a DNAT, opening a
FORWARD)
- Be able to define the portal page (logo, text)

Regards.