[isf-wifidog] Another authentication method?

Benoit Grégoire benoitg at coeus.ca
Dim 13 Avr 22:02:47 EDT 2008

On 13 April 2008, Don Druce wrote:
> Hi Benoit
>
> An associated question.  Do you think that the big long string in the
> authentication link sent to the users email address is what is causing
> HotMail to send the file to the user's SPAM folder ?  If a way could be
> found to reduce the number of emails sent to SPAM I think that it would
> be a good idea.

Every spam filter will assign some negative score to messages containing URLs
with values looking like unique identifiers.

But I think our worst problem is that apparently many HotMail users treat
the "Junk" button as the same thing as the "Delete" button.  This off course
is then used by hotmail to score down validation messages going to other
users.

--
Benoit Grégoire
Technologies Coeus inc.