[isf-wifidog] LDAP Authentication against AD

Peter Huetmannsberger huetmann at site38.ping.at
Mer 14 Mar 04:36:55 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have looked at the wifidog programs in order to deploy them at a
university campus here in Linz, Austria, and I have been very pleased with
the way it works. Thanks a lot, it works great so far.

However, I have to find a way to get the authentication to work against an
Active Directory Server (Win2003) using the LDAP Authentication class.

I have looked at the code and the administration webpage, and I am not
quite sure, I got the parameter fields right. So far I get to the point,
where it fails performing the search (i.e. the bind works).

I have tried to write a script, in order to test the various steps that
the application goes through, and it seems that at the point where it
performs an ldap_search, it doesn't like the way it is being approached.

Before I quote samples of the error messages her, I was wondering if there
is someone out there, who has managed to successfully authenticate against
this kind of setup. I would appreciate to have an example for the
parameters that need to be entered in the administration webpage for
WifiDog when LDAPAuthentication is selected.

I would apprciate any help at all, as I am rather stuck right now. Google
couldn't find me any answers either, and reading the code only helped so
much.

Many thanks in advance,

Peter Huetmannsberger