[isf-wifidog] MAC-based Blacklist

Dylan Reeve dylan at bunkermedia.co.nz
Mer 10 Jan 19:40:04 EST 2007

Hi,

I was talking on IRC to Benoit about my desire to be able to blacklist
users based on Mac address (to exclude local residents from our
visitor-targeted public network).

Obviously this is still useless against people who change their hardware
MAC addresses, but I tend to think there is little I can do about people
with that knowledge and there is unlikely to be many in my area.

So, I'd like to submit some code I've written for comments. At this
stage I have not tested it at all (I don't even know if it parses) as I
am still coming to terms with the program structure.

The files are:
/classes/Blacklist.php
/auth/index.php
and an SQL schema.

I'm hoping for some feedback from those more familiar with Wifidog - am
I heading in the right direction?

I'd also like to be able to prevent blacklisted hosts from even seeing
the Login or register parts of the page. And display an additional
message (stored in the 'message' column in the SQL).

Cheers,
Dylan Reeve