[isf-wifidog] Auth Server Upgrade

François Proulx fproulx at edito.qc.ca
Mer 10 Jan 15:26:10 EST 2007

Our vhost is simply an SVN checkout, so we test on our development
environment and simply do an SVN update of the version we feel is
stable enough (I know, it would probably be a good practice for us to
also tag the revision we use so that others know which is the latest
"stable" revision).

As a rule of thumb, the SVN trunk is almost always stable (we never
commit uncomplete code to the SVN) : If we do, because we need to
share among developers we try to let the mailing list know that the
SVN might be unstable for the next few hours / days.

You can always ask the mailing list for the latest "stable" revision.

So simply doing "svn update" in our vhost htdocs updates. We
typically have a browser pointed to the root of the vhost and we hit
refresh to make sure the schema update went well. Unless we added new
requirements, modules or changed the install procedure we don't
typically run the install.php script.