[isf-wifidog] HELP! can't display French version :-(

Pascal Charest pascal.charest at gmail.com
Jeu 30 Aou 19:57:02 EDT 2007

Look like you don't have the good locale. You might try installing them.
Since your on Ubuntu, this should do the trick:

(0)
apt-get update

(1)
apt-get install locales

(2)
apt-get install language-pack-fr-base

That should generate the required locales... you might want to validate by
doing a locale-gen and verify that fr_CA is in the list and is "up-to-date"

Pascal Ch.

On 8/30/07, Jeff Schallenberg <schallenberg.jeff at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/30/07, Jeff Schallenberg <schallenberg.jeff at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I am trying to install the auth server under Ubuntu 7.04
>

> Still trying... and got it almost perfect...
> My login to postgres required the command "sudo su - postgres", followed
> by my normal password.
>
> All went well, up to the languages page, which shows the warning:
> "Will allow selecting language to use. *Error message example* :
> Warning: language.php: Unable to setlocale() to fr, return value: ,
> current locale: LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8;LC_NUMERIC=C; [...]
>
> *I repeat* : This is an example of message you can see in the top of your
> working auth-server if language are not set correctly. To change these
> values please edit *config.php* in auth-server install directory. Look for
> "Available locales" and "Default language" header in config.php."
>
> So, I edited my config.php to look like this:
> from config.php ===========================================
> /**
>  * Available locales (languages)
>  * =============================
>  *
>  * Define the list of locales you want to support.
>  * English, French and German are supported.
>  *
>  * See below examples
>  */
> global $AVAIL_LOCALE_ARRAY;
>

> /**
>  * Array of available languages for the user.  Each entry must have:
>  * -The language code (the part before the _) be present in
> wifidog/locales
>  * -Have the entire locale available in your system locale
>  * OR
>  * -Have a system locale available with only the language (ex: an en
> locale).
>  * Note that if you specify en_UK and en_US, and have only en available
> the
>  * system will NOT warn you that both will have identical results.
>  * Note that even if your system uses locales like fr_CA.UTF8, you do not
> need
>  * to change this, ifidog will translate for you.
>  *
>  * @todo Setting an array of only one entry should disable the language
> select
>  *       box.
>  */
> $AVAIL_LOCALE_ARRAY = array('fr_CA' => 'Français',
>                             'en_US' => 'English',
>                             'de_DE' => 'Deutsch',
>                             'es_ES' => 'Español',
>                             'pt_BR' => 'Português',
>                             'ja_JP' => '日本語');
>
> /**
>
>  * Default language
>  *
>  * Define the default language of the WiFiDOG auth server.  The language
> code
>  * (the part before the _) must be part of the array above (the country
>  * subcode may differ, and should be set to your country subcode)
>  */
> [...]

Pascal Charest, Consultant en logiciel libre.
http://blog.pacharest.com