[isf-wifidog] HELP! can't display French version :-(

Jeff Schallenberg schallenberg.jeff at gmail.com
Jeu 30 Aou 17:53:31 EDT 2007

On 8/30/07, Jeff Schallenberg <schallenberg.jeff at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to install the auth server under Ubuntu 7.04

Still trying... and got it almost perfect...
My login to postgres required the command "sudo su - postgres", followed by
my normal password.

All went well, up to the languages page, which shows the warning:
"Will allow selecting language to use. *Error message example* :
Warning: language.php: Unable to setlocale() to fr, return value: , current
locale: LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8;LC_NUMERIC=C; [...]

*I repeat* : This is an example of message you can see in the top of your
working auth-server if language are not set correctly. To change these
values please edit *config.php* in auth-server install directory. Look for
"Available locales" and "Default language" header in config.php."

So, I edited my config.php to look like this:
from config.php ===========================================
/**
 * Available locales (languages)
 * =============================
 *
 * Define the list of locales you want to support.
 * English, French and German are supported.
 *
 * See below examples
 */
global $AVAIL_LOCALE_ARRAY;

/**
 * Array of available languages for the user.  Each entry must have:
 * -The language code (the part before the _) be present in wifidog/locales
 * -Have the entire locale available in your system locale
 * OR
 * -Have a system locale available with only the language (ex: an en
locale).
 * Note that if you specify en_UK and en_US, and have only en available the
 * system will NOT warn you that both will have identical results.
 * Note that even if your system uses locales like fr_CA.UTF8, you do not
need
 * to change this, ifidog will translate for you.
 *
 * @todo Setting an array of only one entry should disable the language
select
 *       box.
 */
$AVAIL_LOCALE_ARRAY = array('fr_CA' => 'Français',
                            'en_US' => 'English',
                            'de_DE' => 'Deutsch',
                            'es_ES' => 'Español',
                            'pt_BR' => 'Português',
                            'ja_JP' => '日本語');

/**

 * Default language
 * ================
 *
 * Define the default language of the WiFiDOG auth server.  The language
code
 * (the part before the _) must be part of the array above (the country
 * subcode may differ, and should be set to your country subcode)
 */
define('DEFAULT_LANG', 'fr_CA');
But, even though the file looks good, and after re-starting Ubuntu Server, I
still get this error message:

"Warning in /classes/Locale.php setCurentLocale: Unable to setlocale() to
parameter: fr_CA. I tried fr_CA.UTF-8, fr_CA, fr.UTF-8, fr, and got return
value: , current locale is: C"

Vas hier gibst?
--
- Jeff