[isf-wifidog] installation problems

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Mer 3 Mai 21:51:50 EDT 2006

On May 3, 2006 12:57 pm, Elie Zananiri wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to install the WiFiDog Authentication Server on my
> computer and I am having a few problems (with the install.php)
>
> 1) When I get to the Smarty installation section, this is what gets
> displayed:
> Smarty installation
>
> Smarty is known as a "Template Engine". Wifidog s internal
> fonctionnality needs it.
>
> Download source code (Smarty-2.6.7.tar.gz) : Error
> Current working directory : /Users/lilo/Sites/wifidog-auth-1.0.0_m2/
> wifidog/tmp/smarty
> wget "http://smarty.php.net/do_download.php?
> download_file=Smarty-2.6.7.tar.gz"
> sh: line 1: wget: command not found
>
> I manually downloaded Smarty and installed it but it is version
> 2.6.13  Should I get v2.6.7 instead?  How come I am getting this error?

Because you don't have the wget utility installed.  Not having wget is really,
really unusual.  Nevertheless, you should open a bug report so we add a check
for it.  http://dev.wifidog.org/newticket

Version 2.6.13 is fine however.

> I looked through the code and found that there are 2 "if (!
> $filename) ..." statements following each other, so I figured one of
> them must be the opposite.  I modified it and got passed that point.

No, that is incorrect, you will get further problems down the line if you do
that.

> 2) I get the same error when I try to install the MagpieRSS
> extension, so I bypassed it too.

Wrong again.

> 3) When I get to the new Admin page, after I insert a new name and
> password, it enters it in the database but I don't get the option to
> go to the next screen.  The same content just refreshes (clearing the
> text fields) and that's where I'm stuck now.

Begin by fixing the two earlier problems, it may "just go away"

--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/