[isf-wifidog] Step by step for creation of content.

Benoit Gregoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Mar 18 Juil 19:47:09 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 18 July 2006 19:14, Stephen Ollis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, I've read through that page many times, and have been able to create
> content in the admin interface, but can't determine how to link that
> content to a whole nerwork, or a specific node.

For network-wide content, you have to go to that network's admin interface.
At the bottome of the page, you have a "Network content" section, in which
you can assign existing or new content to specific pages and areas.

For node specific content, there are two basic approaches (in most scenarios,
you will use a combinaison of both)

Content completely unique to a node (menus, logos, etc.):  This approach is
analogous to Network-wide content:  Go to the node's admin interface, and
place new or existing content.

Group of site specific but related content (an art exhibit, historical
tidbits, etc.):  Create a content group object containing the different
content elements you want to display.  Assign the content group network wide
(see above).  For each of the elements, select the allowed nodes for display.

For displaying a single piece of content (not part of a group of related
content) at multiple hotspots:  A good example would be the RSS feed of a
local merchant association.  You can use either approach.
1-Make the content piece reusable (click the checkbox), and follow the
instructions for Content completely unique to a node above.  Superficially
simple, but very tedious to manage afterwards.
or
2-Create a content "group" with a single element.  Slightly more steps for
initial setup (but less total mouse click). The big advantage is that you can
then see at a glance at exactly which hotspots the content is displayed, and
modify the list.