[isf-wifidog] state of the union

Michael Lenczner mlenczner at gmail.com
Lun 17 Juil 15:33:33 EDT 2006

If anyone wants to get some insight into the content / dev side of ISF
+ groups using wifidog for social reasons, you should definitely read
jo's new post:

She brings together a bunch conversations from serveral conference and
a few memes going around some of the different CWN meta-mailing lists.
 She also reminds us of the key role of captive portals in community
content and specifically geo-relevant content. And she talks
specifically about WifiDog

Also, the huge problem we're facing is not really UI (we can fix
that).  The *really* tough one is geo-annotated content - which
doesn't really exist.  So in my mind, ISF's challenge over the next
two years is to leverage our users and our partners to make a huge
increase in the annotation and form of Montreal's content.

A perfect example is getting the Hansards from a daily txt file to
geo-tagged rss feeds.

http://frot.org/devlog/2006/07/16/the-state-of-wireless-mapping/