[isf-wifidog] JiWire formatted CSV node list export

François Proulx fproulx at edito.qc.ca
Lun 10 Juil 12:53:46 EDT 2006

We are simply using the Openvpn DHCP-like attribution scheme and we
wrote a script that matches the MAC address with the current VPN IP
address.

Also, in order to create non-conflicting IP ranges for each hotspot,
we came up with an interesting an idea that uses a MD5 hash of the
MAC address. Basically we hash the MAC address and extract a 16-bit
binary string from it and use it as part of the IP network identifier
( such as 10.(insert 16-bit here).0/8 ). Since the MAC address is
unique and is far smaller than the MD5 hash we get a pretty good
entropy out of the extracted 16-bit string.