[isf-wifidog] WiFiDog Hardware

Mina Naguib mina at naguib.ca
Jeu 6 Juil 15:46:35 EDT 2006

Hi Chris

At IleSansFil, our de-facto piece of hardware of choice is the
Linksys router model WRT54G

The router (hardware revisions 1-4, and revision 5 with the L suffix)
runs linux.  We re-flash the router with a minimal linux distribution
named OpenWRT, and on top of it install the pre-compiled wifidog
package for its' processor (MIPS).

I would imagine that this router model is available in the UK,
however I'm not sure.

Aside from running linux and being one of the most-hacked consumer
products ever made, it's price point is fairly low.

If that router is not available, keep in mind that the wifidog client
was designed with embedded devices in mind and would run on any linux
distribution as long as you can spare a few kilobytes of storage.