[isf-wifidog] Paths in WiFiDog auth server

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Lun 30 Jan 01:30:31 EST 2006

On January 29, 2006 07:46 pm, Max Horváth wrote:
> Okay, I'd like to talk about some of them ... let#s start step by step:
>
> /
>    /sql
>    /wifidog
>      /admin
>
> - good so far ;)
>
>        /templates
>
> - I'd like to move that directory to the /wifidog/templates directory
> - it just belongs there

Agreed

> - could be named /wifidog/templates/admin

Well, I'm not sure we need to separate them.  But we must be consistent:
either the structure of /wifidog/templates mirrors /wifidog for every
directory containing public scripts, or it does not.

>      /content
>        /PatternLanguage
>
> - what are we doing in those directories exactly?

It's for scripts that display or manipulate a content type but not from the
portal or admin interface.  In the case of PatternLanguage, it's to display
the narratives created by the visiting users.

>      /cron
>      /images
>        /PatternLanguage
>
> - good, even though we should think about giving the files in the /
> wifidog/images directory meaningful names

the image directory will mostly be emptied once I finish completely
refactoring stylesheet handling.  Don't worry about it for now.

>      /include
>        /HTMLeditor
>          /images
>          /toolbar
>      /js
>
> -good

Actually, that's exactly what  /content/HTMLeditor was meant for, publically
adressable scripts and documents directly used or related to a single Content
type.  /include is for php includes that are not classes.

>      /local_content
>        /common
>        /default
>
> - again, how do we use those directories/files exactly?
> - aren't there many obsolete files (besides CSS style-sheets)?
> - can we get rid of those directories?

Not yet, but they will be once local content handling is completely
refactored.

>      /tmp
>        /cache
>        /magpie_cache
>        /smarty
>          /cache
>          /configs
>          /templates_c
>
> - again - those directories should be moved to /templates directly -
> they don't need to be world readable

No, but they need to be writeable by the webserver, which would be kind of
unusual outside the document root.

--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/