[isf-wifidog] Newbie Server install questions

Ray Gwinn wifidog at wva.net
Dim 1 Jan 12:50:19 EST 2006

> I am having similiar issues on CentOS 4.2 with Postgress and ident.
> What did you change the 'trust' value to in your
> /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf file?

Well, changing mine to "trust" is what what made it work.

I have not tested it, but I think the setting of "trust" eliminates the need for the ident
server.  Since I took the trouble of adding an ident server to FC4, I just left it running.

If your log files are saying a connection to port 113 is being refused, you are going to
have to find an ident server for your system and install it.

If you do use an ident server, I think you will also need to create a user on your system
named wifidog.

Ray