[isf-wifidog] WIfidog client and non-authenticated user isolation

Gabe Sawhney gabe at pwd.ca
Dim 19 Fév 17:16:33 EST 2006

Hi Rein --
I think if we were running a plain ol' wireless network this would
make sense, but many of us are interested in the community-building
aspects of the technology and (for me, at least) that means enabling
clients on an AP to communicate directly with one another.  There
isn't a ton of stuff out there to do this yet, but the
Rendezvous-based stuff is pretty exciting; apps like Jabber,
SubEthaEdit and iTunes are ones that our users will probably be
interested in using locally.

Of course, if turning on wl0_ap_isolate doesn't disrupt
Rendezvous-based apps, then I'm ok with turning this on.

Do commercial WISPs have something similar enabled on their networks?
If not, why not?

Gabe