[isf-wifidog] Deleting users

Gabe Sawhney gabe at pwd.ca
Lun 6 Fév 17:40:37 EST 2006

On 2/6/06, Max Horváth <max.horvath at maxspot.de> wrote:
> > I cannot find a method to delete users, is there a way?
>
> No! And there won't be a way. Deleting a user would invalidate the
> statistics.

What do you mean by "invalidate the statistics"?  I've created approx
one billion test accounts for myself (which I'll never actually use)
which one day I want to go in and delete.  Is there some reason for me
not to do this?

> This is correct. If a user doesn't reply the validation mail, he's
> out of your network. To create a new account he needs another e-mail-
> address. After the third or fourth time of signing up and getting
> kicked out he'll validate his e-mail-address or he'll never use the
> network again. ;)

Of course, the other solution is to (from a validated wifidog account,
or from a non-wifidog 'net connection), click on the "resend
validation email" to give yourself a second chance on the original
account, and not have to set up another one with an alternate email
address.

Gabe