[isf-wifidog] symlinked documentroot

Alexandre Carmel-Veilleux acveilleux at gmail.com
Lun 6 Fév 00:37:36 EST 2006

On 2/5/06, Ray Gwinn <wifidog at wva.net> wrote:
> FYI, it seems the current svn version (02/05/2006) works okay with a symlinked
> documentroot, once install.php is done.
>
> However, install.php itself does not work with a symlinked documentroot.

Most likely, this would be caused by install.php calling exec() on the
"cwd" command on line 601. The issue being that cwd is unable to
figure out the symlink in the path becauce it works out the path by
looking up the directory ".." until it reaches "/".

Or at least, that's my best guess based on lots of interesting symlink
problems with cwd over the years...

Alex