[isf-wifidog] Suggestions for forcing bin onto G router?

V Patel sgrlogs at gmail.com
Jeu 31 Aou 05:42:42 EDT 2006

Know this before you buy version 5 of WRT54GS or WRT54G, It runs vxworks,
although there is a program that can erase vxworks and put linux on it. It
still lacks space that you might need to install custom packages. Version 5
has half the memory and RAM than the previous versions. Problem isn't
installing linux on those routers, it's the extra space that custom packages
requires. Although I haven't tryed intalling OpenWRT on it,  I was
successful installing DD-WRT  mini version but without JFFS support. WRT54GL
(L=linux version) routers runs linux but they're about 20 bucks expensive
than v5 wrt.

If you're still want to try on v5 routers. here's the guide for DD-WRT,
again i haven't tried with OpenWRT.

http://www.bitsum.com/openwiking/owbase/ow.asp?WRT54G5%5FCFE

--Vrajesh Patel