[isf-wifidog] Suggestions for forcing bin onto G router?

Rajendra Jagad rjagad at gmail.com
Mer 30 Aou 01:09:08 EDT 2006

Hi Wireless Guy..

 I think you will find this information useful although Openwrt
documentation says that they do support WRT54GS and WRT54G  version 5 and
5.1 http://wiki.openwrt.org/Faq

In order for Openwrt to work the WRT54GS or WRT54G must be Hackable, if I
understand that correctly..
Here is the documentation at
http://www.seattlewireless.net/LinksysWrt54g#head-54ed53a2e05c227f96165daaa2891a542ab08167
that
says

Version 5 of the WRT54G and WRT54GS routers. These routers run
VxWorks<http://www.seattlewireless.net/VxWorks>instead of Linux, and
they are
*NOT HACKABLE*. There are many reports that the
VxWorks<http://www.seattlewireless.net/VxWorks>-based
firmware is unstable, as well. Version 5 WRT54G units have serial numbers
beginning with CDFB, and V5 WRT54GS units have serial numbers starting with
CGN7. Avoid them like the plague!

so who is correct I wonder OpenWRT or seattlewireles.net I think you have
the opportunity to figure it out,  Please let me know if you get this to
work, I feel it is not suppose to work because of Vxworks.

Raj