[isf-wifidog] Re: Infinite redirect?

Wireless Guy wirelessguy at optonline.net
Dim 27 Aou 22:52:53 EDT 2006

In case this is helpful to anyone else, I'll answer my own question...

The infinite redirect was somehow caused by a bad/corrupt wifidog.conf file
on my WRT.

As I mentioned, both auths I tried worked fine (and the wrt even received
the correct - PONG message)
but the redirecting didn't quite work right.

When all else failed, and I do mean ALL else, I finally resorted to
grabbing the latest gateway conf file and overwriting what I had done.
Starting with the clean file I made my few edits in vi and things began to
work.

Perhaps I misspelled something or deleted a { } I have no real clue but the
file replace seemed to do the trick.
An issue I'm still grappling with is that even though I get the splash
login screen I can not log in successfully.

Logins work via my PC connected to the auth but not via my laptop going
thru the WRT into the Auth.
I've yet to try and debug this one so if anyone has suggestions I'm open to
options.

I have not played with any firewall rules yet.
Maybe I need to have an entry for the auth itself and it's nearest internet
bound gateway in there?

In any event, I rest a bit easier knowing that I get the login page loaded
even if I can't system access yet.

- W