[isf-wifidog] Bug in getlocale call on FreeBSD with Auth server

Dana Spiegel dana at nycwireless.net
Mar 27 Sep 15:18:02 EDT 2005

I want to report a bug in Locale.php. We run WifiDog on FreeBSD 5.4
(runs great, btw). Under FreeBSD, though, the way the setlocale call in
PHP works is known to be buggy. I've had to comment out the lines around
122 to make the server work properly. Here's the cvs diff that comments
out the non-working lines on FreeBSD PHP:

diff -r1.9 Locale.php
111c111,113
<               {
---
 >               {
 > /*
 > echo "Locale_id: $locale_id\n\n";
122c124
<                               bindtextdomain('messages',
BASEPATH.'/locale');
---
 > */                            bindtextdomain('messages',
BASEPATH.'/locale');
130,131c132,133
<                       }
<               }
---
 > /*                    }
 > */            }
311c313
< ?>
\ No newline at end of file
---
 > ?>

I would recommend looking into replacing the setlocale calls with
something that works properly on FreeBSD. There's documentation about
this in the PHP docs.

--
Dana Spiegel
Executive Director