[isf-wifidog] Problème firewalling WRT54G

kaouete kaouete at crazydwarves.org
Sam 17 Sep 13:38:50 EDT 2005

Ok,

so, after a few tests there is the results :

i installed a fresh openwrt whiterussian rc3
then i installed wifidog, modified the wifidog.conf, restarted the
wrt.

1) without touching firewall script and cie :
S65wifidog is started after S45firewall :
if i try to connect to a website with a wifi client i get the
wifidog auth page
BUT i can anyway ssh to the net or any other port than 80.

2) now i mv S65wifidog to S41wifidog (so it is started before
S45firewall), i comment the iptables flushing tables and cie and
add a sleep 10 at the beginning of the file to be sure that
wifidog have the time to load all of its rules.

with a wifi client if i connect to the net : i get the wifidog
auth portal
AND i cant access to the net with anything without beeing authed
\o/

concrusion : the openwrt out-of-box is not compatible with wifidog
for the moment. I think there should be a nicer way to fix it by
modifiing wifidog rules .. .. or note :]

kaouete