[isf-wifidog] Re: Roadmap?

Hayden Myers hayden at spinbox.com
Jeu 19 Mai 16:29:55 EDT 2005

> > 4. We will continue releasing our existing auth server with all it's
> > community-oriented stuff, in case a group has similar goals.  Hopefully
> > we could modularize it a bit to make it lighter.
> >
> > I'd like to hear comments on the above, especially from IleSansFil
> > volunteers, but also from other users of WiFiDog.

I like the idea of the community oriented hotspots, however it does seem
to stray from our current hotspot needs.  We are a wireless ISP and our
use for the wifidog project is to provide freely available internet to a
couple cafes that have our service.

>From what I've gathered, the cafe owners want the ability to change what
is displayed on their hotspots once you login.  I believe this is where
the content management system is going, however I'm unable to work with
the current release, due to error messages I'm getting when
playing with the interface.  I know it's a work in progress.  I'm
assuming the content management system is going to in essence build what
was once the portal.html file for display to the user once they login to
the portal, and simply not a bunch of links to click on.

I'm currently an extremely busy person due to working at a 3 person ISP.
I did manage to find time for hacking away today to reincorporate (until
content management works for me)  the portal.html page for loading up a
hotspot's homepage in an iframe.