[isf-wifidog] Roadmap?

Matthew Asham matthewa at bcwireless.net
Mer 18 Mai 14:35:27 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-18-05 at 09:49 -0400, Mina Naguib wrote:

> Please keep in mind that IleSansFil has always been about the community
> and that's where our auth server/portal is headed (starting to show
> around the waistline too ;)  If a wireless group is heading in a
> similar direction, bulls-eye. If not, well, that's where we're at right
> now:)

Our priority is the needs of our communities as well, we tend to use
what works for us first and foremost and we roll our own because our
priorities are not always going to be the same as any other groups at a
given moment in time.

> 2. We should continue releasing the client, as well as a very clear
> protocol documentation

I think this is a key point if nothing else.  Having a well defined
client protocol that can be relied on for the long term alleviates a lot
of the worry of things being changed in the mainstream CVS and lets us
focus our energy on what we need the content framework to do.

> 3. Along with the above, we should release a very light
> proof-of-concept auth server that demonstrates the use of the protocol
> from the server perspective (maybe in a couple of different
> languages/CGI frameworks if we're nice).  We should release it with a
> pluggable modules architecture and maybe a couple of simple modules.

Good idea.  I'm not worried about our group needing such a framework but
from reading some of the other posts this morning this does seem a
reasonable way to help them grow their own community.

Thanks

Matthew