[isf-wifidog] installing auth server

Philippe April isf_lists at philippeapril.com
Dim 27 Mar 21:07:06 EST 2005

On 27-Mar-05, at 8:39 PM, Alexandre Carmel-Veilleux wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 27, 2005 at 01:16:47PM -0600, Jamie Ray wrote:
>>
>> I have my wifidog installation on my wrt (2.2)
>> Next I need to install my auth server...but I'm wondering what OS to
>> build
>> this on?
>> I have a working Suse Linux webserver already with Apache2 running on
>> it,
>> and am just now figuring out how to put php onto it. Is this a
>> suitable OS
>> to install the auth server onto?
>
> 	Most linux distributions are fine. I'm not 100% sure as to which
> version of PHP to install, but it shouldn't be too hard. The PHP
> website
> is a good place to start form.

You need PHP5 at least!

> 	Can someone else from Ile Sans Fil send him a sample config file
> from one of our AP?

Here is what we use with WiFiDog 1.1.0 in our hotspots (of course the
hotspot ID changes), and the interface:

- ----- snip -----
GatewayID default
GatewayInterface br0

AuthServer {
     Hostname auth.ilesansfil.org
     SSLAvailable yes
     Path /
}

CheckInterval 60
ClientTimeout 5

# Rule Set: global
#
# Used for rules to be applied to all other rulesets except locked.
# This is the default config for the Teliphone service.
FirewallRuleSet global {
     FirewallRule allow udp to 69.90.89.192/27
     FirewallRule allow udp to 69.90.85.0/27
     FirewallRule allow tcp port 80 to 69.90.89.205
}

# Rule Set: validating-users
#
# Used for new users validating their account
FirewallRuleSet validating-users {
     FirewallRule allow udp port 67
     FirewallRule allow tcp port 67
     FirewallRule allow udp port 53
     FirewallRule allow tcp port 53
     FirewallRule allow tcp port 80
     FirewallRule allow tcp port 110
     FirewallRule allow tcp port 995
     FirewallRule allow tcp port 143
     FirewallRule allow tcp port 993
     FirewallRule allow tcp port 220
     FirewallRule allow tcp port 443
     FirewallRule block to 0.0.0.0/0
}

# Rule Set: known-users
#
# Used for normal validated users.
FirewallRuleSet known-users {
     FirewallRule allow to 0.0.0.0/0
}

# Rule Set: unknown-users
#
# Used for unvalidated users, this is the ruleset that gets redirected.
#
FirewallRuleSet unknown-users {
     FirewallRule allow udp port 53
     FirewallRule allow tcp port 53
     FirewallRule allow udp port 67
     FirewallRule allow tcp port 67
}

# Rule Set: locked-users
#
# Used for users that have been locked out.
FirewallRuleSet locked-users {
     FirewallRule block to 0.0.0.0/0
}

Philippe April