[isf-wifidog] Confusion in the installation of magpierss

Bassam A. Al-Khaffaf bassam at palettemm.com
Lun 25 Juil 23:04:35 EDT 2005

Do you mean that I need to place the smarty and magpie files inside the
source directory of "wifidog-auth", In my case the source directory of
"wifidog-auth" is on the root directory, so that I must have something like
this (please clarify):

/root/wifidog-auth/wifidog/lib/smarty/Config_File.class.php
/root/wifidog-auth/wifidog/lib/smarty/debug.tpl
/root/wifidog-auth/wifidog/lib/smarty/internals/
/root/wifidog-auth/wifidog/lib/smarty/plugins/
/root/wifidog-auth/wifidog/lib/smarty/Smarty.class.php
/root/wifidog-auth/wifidog/lib/smarty/Smarty_Compiler.class.php

/root/wifidog-auth/wifidog/lib/magpie/rss_cache.inc
/root/wifidog-auth/wifidog/lib/magpie/rss_fetch.inc
/root/wifidog-auth/wifidog/lib/magpie/rss_parse.inc
/root/wifidog-auth/wifidog/lib/magpie/rss_utils.inc

But the installation instructions inside the file "QUICK_START" in
"Smarty-2.6.8" source directory say that I need to setup additional
directories in my system, DO I NEED TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONES AS WELL?

The instructions are as follow:

SETUP SMARTY DIRECTORIES

You will need four directories setup for Smarty to work. These files are for
templates, compiled templates, cached templates and config files. You may or
may not use caching or config files, but it is a good idea to set them up
anyways. It is also recommended to place them outside of the web server
document root. The web server PHP user will need write access to the cache
and compile directories as well.

In our example, the document root is /var/www/html and the
web server username is "apache". We will keep our Smarty files under
/var/www/smarty

$> cd /var/www
$> mkdir smarty
$> mkdir smarty/templates
$> mkdir smarty/templates_c
$> mkdir smarty/cache
$> mkdir smarty/configs
$> chown nobody:nobody smarty/templates_c
$> chown nobody:nobody smarty/cache
$> chmod 775 smarty/templates_c
$> chmod 775 smarty/cache

SETUP SMARTY PHP SCRIPTS

Now we setup our application in the document root:

$> cd /var/www/html
$> mkdir myapp
$> cd myapp
$> vi index.php