[Wifidog] [Fwd: Re: connection problem]

Philippe April isf_lists at philippeapril.com
Sun Jan 30 17:32:50 EST 2005

Just some more information....

brvce has been online since the 28th (the owner of cafe zeeba) and
hasn't been disconnected once.

So either wifidog has issues under high load and can't update
counters/verify everybody, or it's just that the people are not active
enough (ie. writing an email in hotmail).

On 29-Jan-05, at 11:47 PM, Philippe April wrote:

> Bizarre...
>
> I don't think WiFiDog crashed because it wouldn't have restarted by
> itself.
>
> I assume it's what we're talking about ... the disconnection on
> inactivity.
>
> I saw them disconnecting from supreme and reconnecting today. I'll
> take a close look at that tomorrow, and put debugging info (basically
> a nice log line everytime a user gets kicked out and everytime a user
> gets authenticated.
>
> Will keep you posted.
>
> We need more feedback like this. How about a nice thing on the login
> page "you have weird issues or feedback, send it here please to help
> ISF".
>
> On 29-Jan-05, at 6:20 PM, Benoit Grégoire wrote:
>
>> On Saturday 29 January 2005 18:13, Mina Naguib wrote:
>>> I think the router at cafe supreme is misbehaving.  According to this
>>> user his connection (and others') keeps getting dropped every half
>>> an hour.
>>>
>>> I just ssh'ed into the router and it looks healthy.  Uptime > 1 day
>>> so
>>> it has not been cycle-rebooting.  Wifidog is up and running.
>>>
>>> I can think of a couple of possibilities:
>>> 1. Their ADSL/PPPoE connection is flaky
>>> 2. The wifi radio in the router is flaky
>>> 3. WiFiDog stopping and starting for some reason
>>> 3. DHCP leases getting dropped for some reason
>>> 4. A malicious user poisoning the ARP table or such
>>>
>>> Does anyone here have any other ideas ?
>>
>> Having read the description I had the same problem at Laïka.
>> --
>> Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/
>>
> Philippe April

Philippe April