[Wifidog] [Fwd: Re: connection problem]

Philippe April isf_lists at philippeapril.com
Sat Jan 29 23:47:36 EST 2005

Bizarre...

I don't think WiFiDog crashed because it wouldn't have restarted by
itself.

I assume it's what we're talking about ... the disconnection on
inactivity.

I saw them disconnecting from supreme and reconnecting today. I'll take
a close look at that tomorrow, and put debugging info (basically a nice
log line everytime a user gets kicked out and everytime a user gets
authenticated.

Will keep you posted.

We need more feedback like this. How about a nice thing on the login
page "you have weird issues or feedback, send it here please to help
ISF".

On 29-Jan-05, at 6:20 PM, Benoit Grégoire wrote:

> On Saturday 29 January 2005 18:13, Mina Naguib wrote:
>> I think the router at cafe supreme is misbehaving.  According to this
>> user his connection (and others') keeps getting dropped every half an
>> hour.
>>
>> I just ssh'ed into the router and it looks healthy.  Uptime > 1 day so
>> it has not been cycle-rebooting.  Wifidog is up and running.
>>
>> I can think of a couple of possibilities:
>> 1. Their ADSL/PPPoE connection is flaky
>> 2. The wifi radio in the router is flaky
>> 3. WiFiDog stopping and starting for some reason
>> 3. DHCP leases getting dropped for some reason
>> 4. A malicious user poisoning the ARP table or such
>>
>> Does anyone here have any other ideas ?
>
> Having read the description I had the same problem at Laïka.
> --
> Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/

Philippe April