[Wifidog] OpenWRT

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Fri Jan 7 09:03:38 EST 2005

On Thursday 06 January 2005 23:37, Philippe April wrote:
> From:
> Philippe April <isf_lists at philippeapril.com>
>

> To:
> The WiFi Guard Dog project <Wifidog at isf.waglo.com>
>

> Date:
> Yesterday 23:37:03
>

> On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 11:02:49PM -0500, Benoit Grégoire wrote:
> > On Thursday 06 January 2005 19:54, Thomas Guyot-Sionnest wrote:
> > > I'm looking for the latest Wifidog ipkg with the OpenWRT firmware (and
> > > standard packages) it have been built with. I know an URL have been
> > > posted lately, but I couldn't find it... By the way, why don't we
> > > upload the firmware and standard ipkgs on SourceForge??
> >
> > TThe sourceforge user agreement does not allow storing files when not all
> > the sources are available.  As part of the wireless driver for openwrt
> > isn't available, we can't put the source for our snapshot of openwrt
> > there.
> >
> > Right now it's hosted on Philippe's own machine.  Phil, do I have your
> > permission to link to the files publically untill we can rack the new
> > server, and do you have a tar.bz of your openwrt buildroot available
> > somewhere?
>
> We'll talk more about that and put it on a reliable, permanent
> repository. For now, I emailed Thomas in private with the info on how to
> get it from my machine.

What about the people from freenetworks, and anyone else who want's to use
WiFiDog on OpenWRT.  If we don't store it somewhere, we only have 3 options:

1-Really push to get OpenWrt to build the ipt-mac module by default on
OpenWrt, and then release packages for recent snapshots.
2-Upgrade our standard buildroot to a recent snapshot so our ipt_module will
work.
3-Continue like we did untill now but explicitly write that you will provide
the source to anyone that emails you (which we have to do anyway if we don't
make the source available on the same server).
--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/