[isf-wifidog] Newbie Server install questions

Ray Gwinn wifidog at wva.net
Sam 31 Déc 21:54:45 EST 2005

Thank you again.  I found that on FC4:

yum install php-xml
yum install php-mbstring
yum install php-xmlrpc

Will install the PHP dom, mbstring and xmlrpc modules.  This leaves only the radius
warnings, which I do not currently care about.

What I discovered was there are several more web pages in the wifidog install script.
This is something a newbie (like me) does not know I should expect to see.

Anyhow, I made it to the "Database installation" page, but the process stops/hangs there.
What I see is:

Database initialisation
Creating wifidog database schema : <=

But nothing else.

When I access http://wifidog.win-msu.net/index.php, I still see the same error as before.
Something seems to be going wrong in the "Dababase installation" part of the install.php
script.

Your (Proulx) suggestions have moved me a long way to this point.  Can you help me get
past the "Database initialisation" screen of the install.php script?

Ray