[Wifidog] Bug report

David Vincelli rmx at bellnet.ca
Thu Oct 28 09:00:18 EDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 02:46:38AM -0400, François Proulx wrote:
> Hi guys,
>

> I’m having some issues connecting to ISF hotspots when switching from places
> to places
 For example, let’s says I go to Utopik I put my laptop in sleep
> mode and I get to Café Vienne
 When my laptop comes back from sleep I still
> have my IP address, which is most of the time not in conflict
 the SSID
> www.ilesansfil.org <http://www.ilesansfil.org/>  still exists
 Windows XP
> SP2 ( even SP1 did that ) connects back to the node without asking
> anything
. The problem is that since this Wifidog instance doesn’t know me

> when I punch my login/password I get weird errors
. Most of the time it’s a
> “PWD invalid, check if CAPS lock is enabled”
 Tonight I went to the meeting
> and I had the same problem
 Even if I flush the DNS, ARP cache I get the
> same error
. Most of the time I have to set an IP manually !!!! which is
> really bad for typical stupid users

	Doesn't surprise me. I didn't know you could flush your DNS cache...
You should just get a new DHCP lease instead of setting your IP
manually. However, I'm sure you tried that.

> Do you guys know why it’s happening
 Is it just a windows bug ?

...tell me if you tried to simply renew your DHCP lease. Or disconnect
and then reconnect to the "wireless network" with SSID
"www.ilesansfil.org".