[Wifidog] Version 1.0

Mina Naguib webmaster at topfx.com
Thu Apr 22 19:11:43 EDT 2004

Good stuff Philippe

I don't know if you're familiar with this or not, but CVS has something
called "tags"

A "tag" in CVS is a snapshots of all the files in time.  It would
alleviate the need for all the diff's and tarballs you've been worrying
about.

See:
http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&q=CVS++tags&btnG=Search

Tags are great for milestones (such as software releases) as well as
before and after major changes.  Typically before a major change
affecting many files is done, the tree will be tagged like
"majorchangename_PRE" and after done, "majorchangename_POST"