[Wifidog] threads

Philippe April papril777 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 22:29:07 EDT 2004

All,

The good news is that even after Alex's amazing work on implementing the
threads (which works really well so far), I can still compile and make it
run on the WRT54G.

All that's tricky, is the actual linking... Since libpthread.so doesn't
get put on the filesystem of openwrt, we would have to tweak the compiling
of openwrt a little bit to include it, or we just link statically (which
is what I did).

Oh and it took me a while to understand that I had to use the same linker
that I used to link the other image, otherwise it wouldn't work (I was
using the one provided by linksys... openwrt recompiles it I think).

The only thing weird is that doing CTRL-C would call fw_destroy twice,
probably a minor bug.

I only tried running it btw, I could not try the actual captive portal
thing because it's getting late now and my WRT54G is not using the
"Internet" port at the moment (acting as a switch only basically).

I'll give it a try tomorrow night and keep you updated... Again, great
work Alex.

Philippe