[isf-wifidog] Clarification about multiple gateways

acv acv at miniguru.ca
Mer 14 Sep 10:42:43 EDT 2011

You *can* run multiple wifidog gateway instance on the same machine. Now getting them
to play nice with the firewall is a different story. If you do run multiple, you
should give them different ID and basically treat them as distinct (except for
coordinating the firewall ruleset as necessary).

As you said, they'd need multiple wifidog.conf and using wdctl will need some careful
considerations.

In most instances, 1 gateway per machine should be enough. There is almost no scaling
gains from running multiple but it might make multiple policies possible.

Alex