[isf-wifidog] 1 Gateway + Authserver for 96 locations?

Aaron Z aaronz at pls-net.org
Ven 21 Oct 08:53:28 EDT 2011

----- Original Message -----

So, if I understand it, it will be as it you had 96 wireless access points plugged in behind a single gateway?
If so, it should work, but there may be significant latency if all traffic goes from the WAP to an offsite Gateway then on to the internet from there.
I know that on WifiDog 1.1.5 it works to have a "Dumb" WAP plugged into the LAN side of a WRT54GL running as a WAP/Gateway.

What are you hoping to gain from moving your gateway to a central location?

Thanks

Aaron Z
Jr. Systems Administrator

Pioneer Library System